Blocked Drains Ballina
Drain Unblocking Ballina & Surrounding Areas
Blocked drains are a common occurrence across Ballina and its surroundings, with both residential and commercial property owners suffering from clogged drains.
Failure to remedy your blocked drains can lead to a disruptive mess or further problems that can be expensive when compared to initial blocked drain costs.
That’s why Jaypee offers 24/7 plumbing to attend to your blocked drains as quickly as possible. So, whether you’re suffering from toilet back floods or smelly drains, get in touch with us today. We service Byron Bay, Ballina, Lismore, Ocean Shores, Tintenbah, Mullumbimby and Evans Head. Call 0408 602 289 today!
It’s important to note that each drain has a varying function and operates differently which, in turn, impacts the cleaning technique used to treat blocked drains.
Therefore, household products are an inadequate solution for blocked drains as they do little to address the cause of the problem or cater to different drain types. This only leads to repeat blockages and wasted time and money.
Jaypee Plumbing offers a bespoke service – providing unique solutions for drain blockages based on your requirements. We do our best to operate with minimal disruption and discreetness, especially when it comes to our commercial clients.
We cover a wide range of blocked drain services, including:
- Pipe relining
- Plumbing inspections
- Pipe patching
- Drain cleaning
- Pipe patching
- Pipe repairs
- Leak detection
- and more!
Get A Quote!
Common signs of blocked drains
There are several signs that indicate you’re experiencing blocked drains. These signs can be as minor as bad smells emanating from your drains, or as serious rising toilet levels.
Some other common signs include drains that make gurgling sounds, slow draining sinks, showers, or bathtubs, and when one sink drains whilst another fills up.
If you’re experiencing any of these issues, you’re more than likely dealing with blocked drains. Contact us today to get started on a solution.
Why hire a professional for drain unblocking?
Hiring a professional is more efficient than using store-bought chemicals to treat blocked drains. This is because some chemicals can be harmful to the environment and, in some cases, have an adverse effect on your clogged drains.
As professionals, we can service your drains in less time and with little disruption to your day. We understand how drains map out and operate and can therefore source issues in a more timely fashion. What’s more, our solutions are more varied when compared to standard DIY alternatives. We have the correct equipment to carry out high pressure, jet water clearing and other specialist solutions on several types of drains.
The process of hiring a professional to unclog your drains is also cost-effective. Improper plumbing maintenance can exacerbate drain problems and cause you to spend more money in the long term when compared to the cost of hiring Jaypee Plumbing.
As professional plumbers, we can give you peace of mind regarding your drains. For blocked drains in Ballina, Byron Bay or surrounding areas, contact us today.
If you’d like to know more about blocked drains and how we can fix them, read our most frequently asked questions below or contact us to ask questions of your own.
What is the most common cause of blocked drains?
- The most common cause of blocked drains in Australia is fat and grease. When you rinse plates and other food preparation items, the fat and grease from your washing up go down the sink. This can cool and gather in fatty deposits that build up and block your drains. Other common causes of blocked drains include foodstuffs, mould, and hair.
What does repairing a blocked drain involve?
- Usually, fixing a blocked drain involves using a CCTV camera to locate the source of the blockage. Once the blockage has been located, we can attempt to dislodge or remove the blockage using a long rod. In some cases, this won’t work, and in these instances, we can use a high-pressure jetter to remove the source of the blockage. A high-pressure jetter can remove even the worst blockages from the majority of plumbing systems.
How long will it take to unblock my drains?
- It usually takes an hour or two to unblock a drain. This will depend on what caused the blockage and how bad the blockage is. If we have to use extra equipment, such as a high-pressure water jetter, to unblock your drains, it may take a little bit longer.
How much will it cost to fix a blocked drain?
- The cost of unblocking a fixed drain depends on who you consult, how bad the blockage is and what kind of equipment is used to clear the blockage. In most cases, clearing a blocked drain is a straightforward process that should not cost a lot of money. If you’d like an accurate quote for fixing a drain blockage in your property, contact us. We can’t tell you exactly how much it will cost, but we can give you an estimate and promise you that our rates are competitive in Ballina.
How can I tell if my drain is blocked?
- There are lots of signs that your drains may be blocked. If you notice the sink, shower, or toilet is not draining, slow drainage, bad smells coming from the sink, or gurgling sounds, these can all be signs that your drains are blocked. If you’re not sure, you can always call us and we’ll be happy to offer our expert opinion on what’s going on with your drains.
Can I clear my blocked drain myself?
- If you’d like to try and save yourself the cost of hiring professionals, you can try clearing blocked drains yourself first. Natural cleaners including vinegar and bicarbonate of soda, boiling water, and a DIY drain snake made from a straightened clothes hanger can all be used to try and clear small, simple blockages. If these don’t work, however, it is important to consult professional plumbers before your drain blockages get worse.
Call The Experts
At Jaypee, our expert team are always ready for your call. Offering 24/7 emergency plumbing & gasfitting, our team are there whether its a leaky tap or a burst water pipe. Whether its 9am on a weekday or 2am on a weekend, we’ve got you covered!
For quality plumbing at an affordable price, give us a call on 0408 602 289 today!
Latest Blog Posts
When you need a plumber in Ballina, you need Jaypee Plumbing. We are the experts in a wide variety of plumbing