Hot water systems Ballina
At Jaypee Plumbing, we understand how important it is that your hot water system is reliable and high performing. That’s why we’re committed to supplying our customers with the highest quality units from trusted brands, as well as dependable maintenance and repair services carried out by our experienced team.
Our sister company, Byron Hot Water, specialises in supplying and installing solar, gas, electric and heat pump hot water systems, enabling us to source these for a competitive price to save you money! Some of the leading brands of hot water systems we supply and install include: Thermann, Sanden, Rinnai, Rheem, Sunrain and so much more!
If you are in need of a new hot water system installation, repair or maintenance whether for your home or business, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us!
Hot Water System Installation
With several types of units available, you might not be sure what the right option is for your home or business. It’s worth thinking carefully about this because your hot water system uses up a significant amount of your energy – usually between 15% and 27% at home.
We’re always happy to guide you through the choices and give you trustworthy, impartial advice about the right unit for you. The range of hot water units we supply includes something for a range of budgets and needs, all from leading manufacturers. We’re proud to offer these high-quality units at competitive prices that represent genuine value for money.
Regardless of which unit you choose, our experienced plumbers will provide a complete installation service that includes getting the system set up and ready for use. We have unbeatable experience installing systems at a wide range of sites, meaning we can tackle any type of installation work. We always aim to keep installations as straightforward as we can to minimise disruption. Give us a call today!
Hot Water System Repair & Maintenance
Sometimes hot water systems break down or stop performing at their best. This is especially true if you have an older unit. If you experience issues with your system at any time, our team are on hand to help.
We provide reliable and effective hot water system repair in Ballina and surrounding areas, and are dedicated to resolving problems in a timely manner. It doesn’t matter if your system needs emergency repair work or just some minor maintenance, our team have the right knowledge and skills to get the job done – nothing is too big or too small.
All of our plumbers are trained, highly qualified, and fully equipped to take on a variety of hot water system repairs and maintenance. Our team work hard to provide leading standards of workmanship and customer service on every job they do.
Whether you need advice about the systems on offer, some essential repairs or maintenance work, or you are ready to arrange the installation of your new hot water system, our specialist team can help. Our high-quality services are available throughout Ballina and nearby areas so please give us a call on 0408 602 289 today.
We also provide a range of other services including 24/7 emergency plumbing in Ballina and surrounding areas.
Frequently Asked Questions
What size hot water system do I need for my home?
- To ensure your home has reliable and effective hot water that meets your needs, it’s important to get the right size hot water system for your home.
- In general, we calculate sizes according to number of people in your household (adding an extra person to the count if you use a dishwasher). The more people you have, the larger the storage capacity you’ll require.
- For continuous flow or instantaneous systems, the appropriate size of the system is determined by how many hot water outlets are in your home rather than the number of people.
- As always, our experienced team of licensed plumbers and gas fitters are here to help you find the right size system for your home.
How much do hot water systems cost?
On average, hot water accounts for over 25% of your household energy costs, but there are a variety of factors when considering the cost of a hot water system for your home. This includes installation, running and environmental costs as well the type of hot water system you choose.
For example, installation of gas boosted solar systems is typically more expensive than standard electric storage systems. However, electric systems often cost much more to run. Moreover, electric storage systems emit a substantially larger amount of CO2 emissions.
The exact cost of your hot water system will depend on the model and type of system you choose. Not to mention your household’s own water consumption habits. If you’d like to get a more detailed estimate of the cost of your next hot water system, get in touch with our friendly team today.
Can I install a new hot water system myself?
- While some may wonder if a homeowner can install a water heater themselves, the truth is that such systems require professional expertise to guarantee safe and effective operation.
- Whether a plumber or an electrician is required for fixing a malfunctioning system will depend on the nature of the problem.
- But for installation, call us at Jaypee Plumbing to have a qualified expert attend to the job.
How often do hot water systems need to be serviced?
- Hot water systems, once installed, will require regular servicing to ensure all the parts are working correctly. Circulating pumps, roof and tank sensors, and pressure valves all require maintenance or replacement from time to time.
- As a general rule, you should have your system serviced at least once a year, in order to clean out the water tank and perform other regular maintenance.
What are the signs that my hot water system needs to be serviced?
- It’s important to keep your eye on how the system is going and not ignore any signs that something may need a closer look. Common signs that your heater needs a service include:
- Pools of water
- Pools of water are an obvious sign that something is amiss, but be aware of subtler clues like damp carpets, drips, or even a musty smell.
- Low water pressure
- If your water is not as strong as you’d like, it may be a sign of sediment build-up in the tank or a kink in one of the pipes. A technician can easily address these problems with a quick check-up.
- Clicking or other unexpected noises
- If your heater starts to consistently make unexpected noises, there could be problems with the mechanism that may even lead to complete failure. The earlier this is examined, the better.
- Poor water quality
- Sometimes all that’s needed is an extra clean or replacement of an old part to clear up the quality of the water coming out of your pipes.
- Pools of water
- It’s a good idea to do a quick self-inspection of your system about once a month. If you have any questions or concerns, give us a call on 0408 602 289 and we’ll be happy to talk you through it.
Is solar hot water worth it?
- Deciding which hot water system is best for your home can be a difficult task. That choice is becoming clearer and clearer, however, as solar power proves itself as the cheapest way to heat water.
- Despite the initial installation costs, which can at times be higher than alternative options such as gas or electric. The savings come in the long term, however. Traditional modes of water heating can, after all, make up as much as 40% of your home energy usage.
- Solar heating will also cut down on your greenhouse gas emissions, making it not only the cheapest hot water system to run, but also the most environmentally friendly. Adequate sunshine isn’t often an issue in the Northern Rivers, making it a great area to adopt the technology.
- But for 100% assurance of uninterrupted supply, you can always have a hybrid system installed, with a gas or electric unit as a backup on cloudy days. Give us a call on 0408 602 289 to see how solar can work for you.